Pastry:- Wheat Flour, Margarine (Vegetable Oils and Fats (Palm, Rapeseed), Water, Emulsifier (Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids), Salt, Acidity Regulator (Citric Acid), Colour (Beta-Carotene)), Water, Alcohol, Salt, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Deactivated Yeast, Natural Flavouring
Pancakes:- Flour (Wheat Flour (with added Calcium, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin)) Milk, Eggs, Herbs, Salt, Pepper
Duxelle – Mushrooms, Shallots, Butter (Milk) Thyme, Salt, Pepper
Orders are despatched using an overnight courier service and delivery is available from week commencing 06th December.
All orders are despatched in chilled boxes to keep ambient temperature and will be delivered to your preferred address between 9am-4pm. Do not worry if you are not in, our courier service will leave the order in a safe place (or designated place if requested on the special instructions at checkout).
Our new Venison Wellington comes ready to assemble and cook at home along with clear instructions.
All our venison is sustainable, traceable and cut by our team of specialist butchers to ensure quality.
Nutritional information per 100g as sold:
Of which saturates 0.6g
Of which sugars 0.3g
1. Heat the oil in a hot pot and quickly seal the venison on all sides.
2. Roll out the pastry on a clean surface. Lay on the pancakes. spread on half of the duxelle.
3. Place venison on top, at this point you can also spread a thin layer of dijon mustard onto the venison before spreading on the rest of the duxelle.
4. Fold pancakes to the enclose the venison.
5. Egg wash the pastry then gently fold the pastry over and seal the edges.
6. Brush pastry all over with egg wash.
7. Place in a pre-heated oven and cook at 190 degrees C for 40 minutes.
8. When cooked, remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10-15 mins before serving.