Barbecued fillet of venison
This delicious barbecue recipe has been adapted from Shooting UK website. We have used our fully trimmed venison fillet to make the recipe easier and quicker. Venison makes for a much healthier and tastier barbecue than beef and this recipe will give you loads of flavour.
Serves 2 (just increase quantities and number of fillets for more people)
- Slice the aubergine, season with salt and pepper and gently cook on the barbecue for 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Season the venison fillet with salt, pepper and a sprinkle of sugar and roll in a tiny amount of oil.
- Place the fillet on the barbecue and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes turning occasionally
- Mix the créme fraiche and chilli sauce together to serve on the side
- Make up the sherry vinegar dressing by chopping the spring onion and adding the sherry vinegar and olive oil, a splash of orange juice and salt and pepper.
- Slice the venison thinly and serve placed on a bed of aubergines and sliced tomato - pour over the dressing and serve with the of créme fraiche and chilli sauce mix on the side.