Breaded venison cutlets
A delicious, easy yet different way to serve your venison cutlets - adapted from the Country Living website.
- Marinate the cutlets in the lemon juice for about an hour
- Then remove and pat dry and sprinkle wit the salt and pepper
- In a bowl combine the bread crumbs, flour garlic powder, onion powder and about a 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper. In another bowl crack the eggs, add the water and beat.
- Dip the cutlets in the beaten egg and water and then press them into the breadcrumb mixture (coating all over but shaking off any excess). Then place on a plate and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a deep, heavy pan or skillet until hot and then add the cutlets. Cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on a paper towel and serve with lemon wedges.