Butter pheasant curry
This is a mild, delicately spiced curry which perfectly compliments the gentle flavour of the pheasant. Adapted from a recipe in the Times Magazine, this is a wonderful dish to have during pheasant season.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a deep pan on a medium-heat. Season the pheasant pieces and brown in batches. Add the rest of the oil and throw in the onions and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and fry for a further minute. Then add the spices and ground almonds and fry for another minute.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken stock and cream and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes until tender and remove the pheasant pieces from the pan. Keep simmering the sauce until it has reduced by half.
- Shred the meat from the pheasant bones and fold into the curry.
- Melt the butter in another small pan and then pour over the pheasant along with a drizzle of cream and serve.