Cold smoked venison and wild mushroom toast
A fantastic starter or just a simple evening meal
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a high heat, and throw in the mushrooms.
2. Stir fry for five minutes then remove to a plate. Lower the heat and add the shallots and garlic.
3. Cook gently for five minutes until softened then add the rosemary and cook for a further minute. Add the whisky and bubble to reduce.
4. Return the mushrooms to the pan, add the mascarpone and a good grinding of salt and pepper and mix to combine.
5. Remove from the heat. Place the toast on a baking tray.
6. Top each with venison slices then a spoonful of the mushroom mixture and place under a hot grill for a minute until bubbling.