Cold smoked venison with a warm salad
The perfect starter to any meal. Serves 4 as a starter (to serve 2 just cut the quantities in half) MethodDownload recipe
- Par-boil the potatoes then drain and allow to cool.
- Heat the oil and gently fry the garlic until soft. Add the shallots and continue to fry for a further 2 minutes until they begin to soften, and then add the diced potatoes and herbs.
- Sauté for about 10 minutes, turning to allow the potatoes to crisp and become golden all over.
- Place a spoonful of the potatoes onto the centre of each plate and arrange 1½ - 2 slices of smoked venison on top.
- Arrange the beans next to the potatoes and garnish with the lettuce. Drizzle the warmed Cumberland sauce over the top and serve immediately.