Fillet of venison with thyme & blueberry sauce
Perfect flavours for that ultimate cut of meat - the venison fillet.
- Slice the venison fillet into 2.5cm discs. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry each slice for about 2-3 minutes each slice until browned but still pink. Then remove from pan and keep warm.
- Place the shallots, thyme and garlic into the pan and fry gently for 2-3 minutes until softened and translucent.
- Add the wine and redcurrant jelly and reduce by half.
- Mix in the blueberries and simmer for a couple of minutes. Then add two small knobs of butter and leave to melt and season.
- Serve the venison with the blueberry sauce drizzled over the top.