Posh venison burgers
This is a delicious recipe from Olive Magazine. Venison is very lean and much healthier than beef so adding a bit of pork mince will give extra juiciness. Method Serves 4Download recipe
- Peel the onion including the first layer, keeping it whole. Grate it on the rough side of a grater and then squeeze out most of the onion juice and discard. Put the pulp into a bowl.
- Add the venison and pork mince, Worcestershire sauce and parsley to the bowl and mix together well.
- Form into 4 burger shapes and flatten them out so they are bigger than the buns you are using as they will shrink a little when cooking. Season and brush with oil on both sides of the burger.
- Heat a large heavy frying pan so it is very hot and add the burgers, cooking for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through. Add the cheese to the top and cover with a lid or baking sheet to create steam so the cheese will melt.
- Toast the buns lightly and then mix the mayo and mustard and spread over the bottom of the buns. Add some watercress and top with a burger and the bun top. Serve with skinny fries and coleslaw.