Roasted rack of venison with an orange, sage and parsley sprinkle crumb
This recipe will create an impressive dish which is ideal for your dinner party or festive menu. Using our tender venison rack, this dish will be full of flavour and will definitely wow.
- Preheat the oven to 200oC
- Melt the butter in a large pan with 1 tbsp of the oil and then add the garlic and breadcrumbs and fry for 5 minutes, stirring continuously. Then add the chopped apricots, orange, parsley and sage and stir all together.
- Put the mixture to one side again and keep warm.
- Rub the venison rack with 1 tbsp of the oil and seasoning. Heat a pan on a high heat and then put the remaining oil into the pan and add the meat and brown all over.
- Place the venison on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 20 minutes for rare, 25-30 minutes for medium rare or longer if you prefer the meat more well done (we would recommend you serve your meat pink). Remove and cover with foil to rest for around 10 minutes. (remember your meat will cook further at this point)
- Once rested, rub and sprinkle the crumb mixture over the rack and then carve into individual cutlets (between the bones). You can sprinkle the crumb on after you have cut if you prefer.