Roasted rack of venison with garlic and herb crust
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- With a very sharp knife, score the outer surface of the Venison very lightly to hold the herb crust.
- Season the rack of Venison generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix the mustard, softened butter and garlic to form a paste.
- Mix in the breadcrumbs, chopped parsley and rosemary and melted butter. Spread this over the meaty side of the Venison and place on a baking tray.
- Roast the Venison for 30 minutes in a hot oven (for medium rare).
- Serve carved into cutlets with new potatoes, baby tomatoes roasted in olive oil and buttered leeks.