Seared venison haunch steak with cajun rub, caper, parsley, baby gherkin, tomato and shallot dressing
This dressing gives off a fantastic aroma as it hits the hot juicy venison steak and is as good for a pan fried steak as it is for a BBQ. The acidity of the dressing compliments the full rounded flavour of the venison steak and is great served with a healthy salad or indulgent chips. Keep all the dressing ingredients in the fridge nice and cold until you are ready to assemble your plates then serve as quickly as possible. Serves 2 Method:Download recipe
- Finely dice the gherkins and shallots and place in a bowl with the baby capers.
- Skin and deseed the tomato then also finely dice it place in the bowl with the rest of the ingredients and the chopped parsley.
- Generously brush the venison steaks with oil, then season and rub with the Cajun spices.
- In a very hot pan, ribbed griddle plate or BBQ sear the steaks on each side to the degree of cooking you like.
- Remove the steaks from the pan once cooked and allow to rest for 2-3 min meanwhile add the vinegar and olive oil to the finely diced ingredients, mixing well and season.
- Slice the venison steak at an angle place on to plates and spoon over the dressing and serve straight away.