This dressing gives off a fantastic aroma as it hits the hot juicy venison steak and is as good for a pan fried steak as it is for a BBQ. The acidity of the dressing compliments the full rounded flavour of the venison steak and is great served with a healthy salad or indulgent chips.
Keep all the dressing ingredients in the fridge nice and cold until you are ready to assemble your plates then serve as quickly as possible.
- Finely dice the gherkins and shallots and place in a bowl with the baby capers.
- Skin and deseed the tomato then also finely dice it place in the bowl with the rest of the ingredients and the chopped parsley.
- Generously brush the venison steaks with oil, then season and rub with the Cajun spices.
- In a very hot pan, ribbed griddle plate or BBQ sear the steaks on each side to the degree of cooking you like.
- Remove the steaks from the pan once cooked and allow to rest for 2-3 min meanwhile add the vinegar and olive oil to the finely diced ingredients, mixing well and season.
- Slice the venison steak at an angle place on to plates and spoon over the dressing and serve straight away.
Photo by Steve Lee - www.steveleestudios.co.uk