Slow cooker venison roast
A roast is a family favourite and allowing it to cook all day produces a wonderful, aromatic meal for everyone. Slow cooked to create a delicious and mouth-watering dish, this is a fantastic recipe adapted from Mother Earth News website. A great alternative to your usual beef roast and it's so easy to make!
- Place water and onions in the base of the slow cooker.
- Set roast on top of the onion bed (and carrots and potatoes if using)
- Cover one side of the roast with one cup of the tomatoes. Add half the peppers and sprinkle in one teaspoon each of the pepper, salt and garlic.
- Cook on high for 2 hours and then turn the roast over and cover that side in the remaining tomatoes, peppers, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Continue to cook on high for 2-3 hours or until the meat pulls apart with a fork.