1. First, start infusing the stock. Bring the 1 litre of chicken stock to the boil with
all of the broth ingredients. Season with soy and fish sauce, then bring back to
the boil, and simmer for an hour.
2. While the stock simmers, set the oven to 160 °C and julienne your leeks, carrots
and bamboo (slice them into extremely skinny strips, about 5cm long). Set
3. When the oven’s hot enough, season the pheasant breasts with a touch of salt
and pepper, place on a baking tray and roast for around 20 minutes.
4. Saving the liquid, strain your stock through a colander and then reboil. Taste
to check the seasoning: it should be slightly hot and salted, with just a hint of
5. Place your cooked ramen noodles in a large ramen bowl, and pour the hot
stock over the top. This heats the noodles really quickly, without overcooking
Recipe courtesy of Eat Wild www.eatwild.co