Thai salad with venison steaks
This classic Thai salad uses our tender venison steaks which match perfectly with the aromatic lime, coriander and mint flavours of this dish. A health, easy-to-cook dish full of flavour.
- If you are using peanuts then heat up a pan and dry fry the peanuts until they are starting to colour. Remove and set aside.
- Put the lime juice, palm sugar, fish sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in a bowl and whisk together well. Then place the venison steaks into a dish and pour over half the mixture. Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Heat up a griddle pan until its smoking and then cook the steaks on high for about 3-6 minutes depending on how you like them (best served rare or medium rare).
- Once cooked, remove and cover to keep warm.
- Place the sliced cucumber, tomato, beansprouts, onion, chilli, mint, coriander, basil and peanuts into a large bowl and drizzle with some more of the dressing. Mix up and then divide into four serving bowls.
- Slice each steak very thinly and add to each salad bowl. Then drizzle any remaining oil over the top of each and serve immediately.