Venison and asparagus rolls
This simple recipe uses our tender venison steaks and is perfect as a starter or just a light meal.
Makes 8 (for me just double or triple the quantities)
- Pound each steak until its about 1/8 inch thick (you will need 4 strips from each to roll around the vegetables) and then seasons both sides. Cut each pounded steak into 4 even strips - 8 in total.
- Mix the vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and sesame oil and pour over the steak and leave for at least 1/2 an hour but preferably overnight.
- Remove the steak from the marinade but keep the sauce for later
- Take one asparagus spear, one spring onion and one strip of pepper and roll a strip of steak around them and secure with a toothpick. Do this for each of the steak strips. When finished place on a greased baking sheet and pour over the left over marinade and grill for 5 minutes or until cooked through (turning once).
- Then take any remaining sauce from the baking sheet and boil up to thicken as a serving sauce.