● First prepare your vegetables dice onion into small dice, cut red pepper in half lengthways and
chop, peel and finely chop 2 garlic cloves.
● Put pan on hob and add oil once heated add the onion and cook, stirring fairly frequently, until
the onion is soft, squidgy and slightly translucent.
● Add in the garlic, red pepper, heaped tbsp chilli powder, the paprika and cumin, leave it to
cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
● Turn the heat up a bit then add the venison and break up the mince for around 5 minutes until
● Crumble 1 beef stock cube into 300ml hot water then add to venison.
● Add the chopped tomatoes, stir then add in the dried marjoram, tomato purée, sugar and
season with salt and pepper.
● Bring it to the boil, give it a good stir and put a lid on the pan then turn down heat and let
simmer for 20 minutes or so, stirring occasionally, if drying out add a little water and turn down
● Drain and rinse the kidney beans, and once the sauce looks thick and the beans to the sauce
then bring to the boil again, then let gently bubble for 10 minutes.
● Taste to see if extra seasoning is required, if so add in as necessary then remove from the
heat and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
● Warm the taco shells in the oven or microwave according to the packet instructions
● Best to serve with guacamole, sour cream, tomato salsa, lettuce and cheddar cheese. Fill the
tacos at the table for a more fun and hands on dinner.
Recipe courtesy of Eat Wild www.eatwild.co