Venison sausage kebabs with carrot salad
This is a fantastically easy recipe using our venison sausages and can be cooked on the BBQ or on a griddle pan. Adapted from the recipe by Jun Tanaka from Market Kitchen on uktv.co.uk food website.
This serves 4 but for more just up the quantities.
- For the venison kebabs: remove the meat from the inside of the sausage skin and place in a bowl with the chilli.
- Grind up the juniper berries and star anise with a pestle and mortar or similar and then add to the meat. Mix it all together and then mould around metal skewers to make kebabs of even thickness.
- Get your griddle plan hot or you BBQ ready - brush the kebabs with olive oil and cook on either side for 2-3 minutes (slightly longer on the BBQ) until cooked through. Keep warm.
- For the carrot salad: grind together the cumin seeds with the garlic in a pestle and mortar or similar. Add this mixture to the carrots in a bowl. Season with some salt and pepper, add a dash of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon and mix well.
- For the yoghurt dressing: mix the yoghurt, lemon juice and mint together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the kebabs with the salad and dressing on the side.