Venison kebabs with yoghurt and cucumber marinade
This tasty summer recipe serves 4 and has been adapted from the game-to-eat.co.uk website. Perfect for those summer BBQ afternoons.
For the Kebabs:
- Whizz up all the marinade ingredients (except the yoghurt and oil) in a food processor or if you don't have one chop as finely as you can and mix up in a bowl. Then add the oil and yoghurt and cubed venison and mix well ensuring each piece of meat is well coated.
- Leave to marinate in the fridge for as long as you can (preferably overnight)
- Remove from the fridge and drain the meat. Then thread onto skewers so the cubes do not touch. You can always use other vegetables like peppers or mushrooms inbetween the meat if you prefer.
- Grill or BBQ for about 15 minutes turning frequently and basting with the marinade from the fridge
For the sauce:
- Coarsely grate the cucumber onto a plate and sprinkle with salt. Leave for 30 minutes. Then press the cucumber and pour away the excess liquid.
- Stir into the yoghurt and add the ground cumin, chopped mint and lemon juice and finally season to taste.
Serve the kebabs with the sauce drizzled over or on the side for dipping and a crisp green salad.