● Heat the olive oil in a saucepan, add the onions and garlic and cook for 10 minutes until
starting to brown.
● Add the mince and break up with a wooden spoon. Cook over a high heat for a few
minutes, stirring well, until all the moisture has evaporated and the meat is browned.
● Add the red wine or port and simmer until it has reduced by about a third.
● Add the oregano, tomato purée, beef stock cube, stock, tomatoes and their juice and
simmer gently for 35-40 minutes.
● Stir in the cornflour mixture and cook until slightly thickened, then season to taste
● Spoon over the warm pappardelle to serve. For an extra kick sprinkle chili flakes on top.
Recipe courtesy of Eat Wild www.eatwild.co