Venison steak with dark chocolate sauce
This is a sumptuous dish created by Richard Fisher, Head Chef at the Three Horseshoes, Oulton, Yorkshire. The chocolate sauce compliments the steaks superbly and creates a very different dish for that Valentine's Day wow factor.
1. Peel the potatoes and dice roughly, place in a pan of water with a pinch of salt and place on the heat.
2. Peel the carrots and parsnips, quarter length ways and de-root parsnips. Coat with half of the sugar and place in a non stick baking tray, drizzle with honey and put in the oven.
3. Place a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat, pour in the oil, place the steaks in the pan and turn after 2-3 mins.
4. In a hot pan, flambé brandy, add the cream and chocolate and cook until melted, turn to low heat.
5. Peel the garlic then add to the potatoes, simmer until potatoes are soft then drain thoroughly. Return pan to heat, add butter then mash potatoes to a smooth consistency and season to taste.
6. Halve the venison for presentation, place on garlic mash with the honey roasted carrots and parsnips. Add remaining sugar to the sauce and pour around venison.