Warm black pudding and wood pigeon breast salad
A simple to prepare yet tasty dish that is sure to impress.
- Wash the salad and put into a large bowl.
- Fry the black pudding off with a little oil in a frying pan until it is cooked to your liking and then remove from the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Heat some more of the olive oil in the frying pan and add the bacon to cook. Once the bacon has started to cook add the wood pigeon breasts and cook over a medium heat for a couple of minutes each side.
- Slice each breast into 4 or 5 slices and crumble up the black pudding and then add to the bowl of salad.
- Add the vinegar and remaining olive oil to the pan and deglaze with the meat juices and then pour over the salad and meat. Season and then stir gently and serve either in the bowl or place a mound onto each plate.