Warm venison, asparagus and strawberry salad
A simple summer salad which can be put together quickly and is full of fresh summer flavours. This delicious recipe has been adapted from the www.bite.co.nz website
- Mix the garlic, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper into a paste and then rub into the venison medallions. Leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours but even overnight if you can.
- Cut the ends of the asparagus and then place the spears into boiling water and cook for just 1 minute. Remove from the boiling water, cut in half length ways and leave to cool.
- Mix the rocket and spinach together and place on a serving plate, sprinkle with the sliced red onion and the sliced asparagus and strawberries.
- Cook the venison in a hot frying pan or on the BBQ for a few minutes until browned but still very pink in the middle. Then set aside to rest for 6-10 minutes before slicing into thin slices.
- Place the venison strips onto of the salad ingredients and drizzle with vinegrette. Sprinkle pistachios over the top and serve.