Venison Scotch Egg
- Soft boil 2 large eggs (about 6 mins in a rolling boil) before plunging in ice water. Tip: crack the shells before placing in ice water, it helps to peel the shells later
- Season Mince with salt and pepper, dried thyme, tarragon & nutmeg then combine with the 1/2 and egg, divide into 2
- Dust the soft boiled eggs in flour before gently wrapping in the mince mixture. Make sure that there are no gaps in the mixture.
- Dust in flour before dredging in the beaten egg and the breadcrumbs, repeat making sure its fully coated.
- Heat oil to about 170 degrees C and fry for 6-7 mins until dark golden brown.
- Whilst the eggs rest, blanch the asparagus for about 3 mins the serve with salad, pickled onions and mustard dressing for a perfect summer lunch.